Thank you for your interest in making a school or office supply donation or in running a book / school supplies / pencil drive. We welcome your desire to help us make a difference.
Children in Cameroon are in dire need of school supplies. The average classroom lacks the basic essential school supplies that make for a meaningful educational experience for kids. The parents are unfortunately not in a position to provide the quality and quantity of supplies needed. The lack of school supplies negatively affects the quality of the education tat the children receive.
Ong Africa Association has responded to this need and is facilitating the donation of school supplies to needy and deserving schools.
Please note that we particularly welcome your donations of school, office and related supplies. You can send these in without making a donation to cover shipping to Africa.
- Donate: If you already have school and office supplies that you do not need (regardless of the quantity), please send them to us. We welcome new and gently used supplies of all types.
- Collect: If you would like to collect and send us school supplies, then you are also in the right place. We welcome your desire to help.
Recommended List of School Supplies
- If you would like to purchase supplies online, you can ship them directly to the shipping address below.
- We can provide you with a tax receipt. Just let us know you want one.
- Recommended Item: Solar lightfor use by children when studying. Many children have to study using hazardous kerosene lanterns. Cost about $40 to $50. To order go to: http://www.amazon.com/d-light-Rechargeable-S300-Lantern- Charger/dp/B00BJE7K18
- Recommended Item: Netbooks / Laptops / Kindles / iPads / eReaders
- Recommended Item: Stackable- Did you know that many schools in Africa do not have adequate school furniture? The furniture in many instances is not comfortable and conducive for learning. In some schools, children unfortunately sit in the floor or have to buy / bring their own chairs. We welcome your help in addressing this problem and providing decent chairs that will aid learning. Stackable chairs are ideal because they are easier to ship and occupy less space. Different sizes for different ages are welcome. Let's together remove this impediment to learning and education.
- Recommended Item: Spiral bound, composition and other notebooks
- Recommended Item: Donations for Uniforms and shoes. $40 provides two uniforms and a pair of shoes for a child. Put "For Uniforms" in notes when you donate.
- Backpack and other book bags
- Filler paper
- Colored pencils, crayons and markers
- Ruler with English and metric measurements
- Colored pens
- Pencil boxes / cases
- Glue sticks
- Graph paper
- Pens and pencils
- Pencil sharpeners (individual and classroom)
- Pocket dictionaries
- Reams or boxes of paper
Step 1- Choose dates and a drop off location
Step 2- Fill out our online drive registration form.
Step 3- See our sample flyer and press release to spread the word within your school / college / community. *Be sure to note the items that are most useful and encourage people to donate money also to help with shipping costs.
Step 5- When the drive is complete, please be sure to read through all of the FAQ and all the shipping details.
Information You Need to Note / What We Need From You
1. Inform us - fill out our convenient online drive registration form
2. Advertise and promote the book / school supplies / pencil drive, if you would like. Should you have any newspaper coverage or create any posters, we would like to receive a copy.
4. Your drive / activity will be carried on at your own risk. As Ong Africa Association will not be there physically to participate in or monitor the situation, we cannot be held liable for any occurrences. Please proceed only at your own risk.
5. We require that all book donations include a donation (suggested $50.00 for each average size box of books) to help cover the cost of shipping books.
Shipping / Mailing Address for All Boxes / Merchandise
Ong Africa Association
Flat 1 Bloc A
Peabody Estate. Camberwell Green .London UK
Donate Towards Shipping:
Donating towards shipping supplies is the best way that you can help. Help cover the cost of shipping supplies to Africa. Freely providing all the books and supplies we receive costs thousands of dollars yearly in shipping costs. Please make a donation today to help pay for shipping.
Another way to help cover the shipping costs is to consider buying on eBay, click here for more information
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I receive acknowledgement of my supplies donation?
Yes! We are so grateful for all of the supplies we receive and deeply appreciate the time involved in organizing and holding a supplies drive or fundraiser for Ong Africa Association. We are happy to mail you a certificate expressing our appreciation after the donations are received, and we will specifically name your group or organization when doing so. If there are specific names you would like included on the certificate, please include a letter with your donation that lists the individuals or group/organization name.
Can I receive photos showing my donated supplies after they are delivered to the children / schools / communities for which they were intended?
While we would love to be able to provide photos to every donor to show how much the recipients appreciate the supplies and to provide assurance that the donations have arrived safely at their intended destination, unfortunately this is not always logistically possible. Here are 2 scenarios that affect this:
- When donated items are mailed to our Tennessee office, they are repacked into larger containers (typically drums) prior to shipment to Africa. This means your donated items will need to be removed from their original packaging/box and combined with donations from others in order to ship these items in the most cost-effective manner. In this scenario, it is practically impossible to keep track of specific items from specific donors and to photograph them at the time of arrival in that same manner.
- When donated items are mailed to our shipper in New Jersey, they are sent "as is", in their original packaging. In this scenario, it is easier for us to keep track of specific items from specific donors and to photograph them at the time of arrival in that same manner. However, this option ends us being more costly for Ong Africa Association and donors who prefer this option may be asked to provide full funds coverage for those shipments. We are quoted the specific cost after the box (es) is received by our shipper. This is usually an average of $50 per box. Please feel free to contact us for more information if you wish to pursue this option.