Donate or Collect School (and Office) Supplies
It is clear from the outset that we are here to help the schools and the community to achieve THEIR goals. We are not going to do it for them but we will do it with them. If there is no participation then the community don't want the project so we don't do it. Participation starts at the project conception level and permeates through the whole process. In this way the community own the project and there is a greater chance of long term sustainable success.
Thank you for your interest in making a school or office supply donation or in running a book / school supplies / pencil drive. We welcome your desire to help us make a difference.
Children in Cameroon are in dire need of school supplies. The average classroom lacks the basic essential school supplies that make for a meaningful educational experience for kids. The parents are unfortunately not in a position to provide the quality and quantity of supplies needed. The lack of school supplies negatively affects the quality of the education that the children receive.
Ong Africa Association has responded to this need and is facilitating the donation of school supplies to needy and deserving schools.
Please note that we particularly welcome your donations of school, office and related supplies. You can send these in without making a donation to cover shipping to Africa.
- Donate: If you already have school and office supplies that you do not need (regardless of the quantity), please send them to us. We welcome new and gently used supplies of all types.
- Collect: If you would like to collect and send us school supplies, then you are also in the right place. We welcome your desire to help.
Recommended List of School Supplies
Supplies you can donate to Ong Africa Association – www.ongafricaassociation.org
Recommended Item: Solar lights for use by children when studying. Many children have to study using hazardous kerosene lanterns. Cost about $40 to $50. You can order a delight S250 or S300 Solar LED Lantern
Recommended Item: Netbooks / Laptops e.g., XO, Asus laptops. Cost $200 - $400.
Backpack and other book bags
Spiral bound, composition and other notebooks
Colour pencils, crayons and markers
Ruler with English and metric measurements
Pens and pencils
Pencil sharpeners (individual and classroom)
Reams or boxes of paper
- If you would like to purchase supplies online, you can ship them directly to the shipping address below.
- We can provide you with a tax receipt. Just let us know you want one.
Organizing a Drive: If you would like to coordinate a School Supply Drive please follow the below steps and see the “Information You Need to Note / What We Need from You” Section.
Step 1- Choose dates and a drop off location
Step 2- Fill out our online form
Step 3- See our sample flyer and press release to spread the word within your school / college / community. *Be sure to note the items that are most useful and encourage people to donate money also to help with shipping costs.
Step 5- When the drive is complete; please be sure to read through all of the FAQ and all the shipping details.
Information You Need to Note / What We Need From You
1. Inform us - fill out our convenient online form
2. Advertise and promote the book / school supplies / pencil drive, if you would like. Should you have any newspaper coverage or create any posters, we would like to receive a copy.
4. Your drive / activity will be carried on at your own risk. As Ong Africa Association will not be there physically to participate in or monitor the situation, we cannot be held liable for any occurrences. Please proceed only at your own risk.
5. We require that all book donations include a donation (suggested $50.00 for each average size box of books) to help cover the cost of shipping books.